Tuesday, May 2, 2017

scraps.


You shed things that remind you of her,
but you gave her your very being.
Does this mean you are no longer
the you I knew?

Walking away from what once were
detaching yourself from those pieces.
Don't you miss the Before times:
before her?

I'm picking up pieces of you
that you left behind.
Who is that fragment of a boy
that I once known?

I'm collecting pieces of you
in hopes of rebuilding what was once there.
Taping these scraps one by one;
fitting them like puzzle pieces.

I'm preserving pieces of you
because with each day you're fading,
discoloring, crumbling with age.
Is there any way for me to keep the past the same?

I'm throwing away pieces of you


Am I the one who changed?

-i found a profile on social media that i never knew you had from three years ago. i never knew that i lost you until i realized how much you have changed. that version of you has lived in my memories since then. i miss you

No comments:

Post a Comment